1. Uninspiring goals: make the goal the feeling you will get when you achieve the thing rather than the thing itself.
2. Fear of failure: if you’re afraid of failing, you won’t take the necessary risks required to achieve your goal.
3. Fear of success: you are worried that even if you achieve something spectacular, like enormous wealth, it still won’t make you happy.
4. An unrealistic timetable: most people overestimate what they can do in a week and underestimate what they can do in a year.
5. Worrying about getting stuck: a plateau is almost always a sign that you’re on the brink of a major breakthrough. Have patience!
Source: The Ziglar Weekly Newsletter, 2/13/13.