Whether you are selling your own product, promoting affiliate links, or making money from AdSense or “click-flipping”, it all boils down to just two things: Conversion and Traffic.
Conversion comes first. You need to have an offer that people want. That offer might be a product, or it might be an enticing advert (e.g. Google AdSense) that people want to click on. And you need some kind of presentation (such as a sales letter) that encourages them to take the action that you want them to take (e.g. buy the product or click on the ad).
In many ways this is the easy part. Most people can knock together a half decent website or sales letter that will convert at least some visitors into money. Whether you are selling your own product, promoting affiliate links, or making money from AdSense or “click-flipping”, it all boils down to just two things: Conversion and Traffic.
Conversion comes first. You need to have an offer that people want. That offer might be a product, or it might be an enticing advert (e.g. Google AdSense) that people want to click on. And you need some kind of presentation (such as a sales letter) that encourages them to take the action that you want them to take (e.g. buy the product or click on the advert).
In many ways this is the easy part. Most people can knock together a half decent website or sales letter that will convert at least some visitors into money.
But then you need traffic. Loads of it. The more people that come by your site, the more money you will make especially if that traffic is highly targeted.
But, given the number of websites out there all competing for the same traffic, just how do you get more visitors to your site?
Well, there are just 3 ways that people come to your site:
1. They type your URL straight into their browser. That comes from some sort of offline promotion—it might be your business card, a radio advert, an article in a magazine, or a conversation with a friend.
2. They click on a link somewhere. It might be in an e-mail they received (e.g. from a friend or from an e-zine they subscribed to), or it might be on another website they have visited.
3. Or they do a search in the search engines, see your site in the listings, and click to visit you.
That’s it. There is no other way for them to get to your site.
So, knowing that, how do get more traffic?
1. Make sure you are promoting your online presence in all your offline promotional materials.
2. Get lots of people to link to you, and lots of people to send out e-mails with your link in it.
3. Get a top position in the search engines.
Easier said than done. Just how do you achieve no. 2 and 3 without spending heaps of cash or getting banned by the search engines?
To understand this, we need to understand how the search engines work. Again, it is much simpler than people make out.
Search engines want lots of people to use them. To achieve that, they strive to deliver relevant and up-to-date content to people who do a search through them.
But how do they determine what is relevant to your search?
There are only 2 ways they can do that:
1. They look at your site. Using very sophisticated algorithms they determine what the subject matter of your site is. The also see how new, or old, it is, how recently it has changed, and so on. These are all known as on-page or on-site factors. You have direct control over many of these when you set up your site.
2. They look at what other people say about your site. In doing this they look at two things: how many people link to your site (and what the link says) and also how important is the site that links to your site. An important ‘authority’ site that points to you is worth more than a whole bunch of unimportant sites. The also consider how recent the links that point to you are, and a number of other factors about the link and the context in which it is found.
At the same time, the search engines are constantly looking out for sites that try to fool them into thinking they are more relevant or more popular than they really are, which is why the so-called blackhat techniques quickly lose their effectiveness.
So, to get to the top of the search engines you need to do 2 things:
1. Optimize your on-page factors. There is plenty of information online about how to do that. It is not difficult. But, in itself, it is also not enough.
2. Get lots of high quality, one-way, relevant links to your site from as many other sites as possible.
How do you get people to link to you?
1. Have a fantastic product so that they just, spontaneously, want to tell others about your site.
2. Pay them to link to you—buy a text link, or offer an affiliate program.
3. Exchange links with them but reciprocal links are clearly not worth as much as one-way links, and it is a lot of work to do this effectively.
4. Provide them with fresh, unique content that adds value to their site in return for which they agree to post a link back to you. Loads of sites are constantly looking for fresh, unique content. They get this content by hunting through article directories, or by subscribing to article submission services.
So, if you send out articles to such directories, your articles will end up both on the directories themselves, AND on the niche sites that pick up and use our articles.
As you can see, this last method is the simplest and most powerful. It gives you hundreds or thousands of one-way links, from niche, relevant sites, all for free.
All you need is some way to get a different, unique, article to each of those directories and e-zine publishers, which is what the Unique Article Wizard does. It combines, for the first time ever, the power of article submissions with the benefits of unique content. And it does it in a way that epitomizes simplicity.
In Dr. Noel Swanson’s words, no other traffic generation system works better, costs less, and is completely immune to search engine changes than Unique Article Wizard. As the creator of the system, he has been quietly using it to build his AdSense empire, promote his own products and snag the no. 1 position from 270 million competing websites!
If you don’t have an online presence at all, isn’t it time your harnessed this power for your own business? Click here now, get the early-bird discount, and get a fantastic bunch of bonuses.