Learn Top Affiliate Secrets
If you want to get started quickly and easily making money online, then affiliate marketing is for you. Affiliate marketing means that all you do is send traffic to someone else’s website, they make the sale and deliver the product, and you get a percentage of the sale price as your commission, which for digital products can be 50% of more.
Here’s just a few benefits
- You’re able to start instantly without having to create a product, set up a website and sales page, design the website, develop marketing materials, or do support, billing and maintenance.
- It runs on auto-pilot for you because you don’t have to do the customer support or deal with billing or technical issues.
- Your efforts are risk-free, because the product owner has already made sure the product sells. So if you send visitors you will get paid.
There’s no denying that these benefits make affiliate marketing the best thing going!
The downside is…
Once you send your visitors to the product sales page, they are gone forever. Less than 10% of the visitors your send will actually buy the product. That’s fine for the product owner because she can sell to them again and again, but you can’t.
What’s the solution?
It’s simple: You must get your visitors’ e-mail addresses before you send them to the product owner’s website. This way you can follow up with them and keep sending them back to the sales page to increase your chances of making the sale. And if you want to do it like a pro, you’ll give them some great content before sending them to the sales page.
Here’s what these affiliate marketing strategies will do for you:
- By building your own list, you’re creating a renewable resource that you can tap again and again for instant profits.
- You’ll be warming them up by providing valuable information and then casually linking to the product sales page in the context of this information.
In order to set a system like this up, you will need the following affiliate marketing tools:
- A squeeze page, and even better a video squeeze page.
- One or more content-rich “warm up” pages
- A multi-part e-mail series with at least 5 e-mails in it
Instead of sending visitors directly to the product sales page, you’ll send them to your lead capture page first. This page is where you collect your visitors’ contact info and add them to your autoresponder, which in turn starts sending them the multi-part e-mail series. Once your visitors have been subscribed to your e-mail series, they are sent to your content pages.
The content pages provide valuable information for your visitors and make them more receptive to the sales message that you’ll link to from inside the content. While they’re reading the content you’ve provided, your e-mail system is already following up with them to send them back to the product website again and again.
There’s no doubt that it’s worth the effort to put a system like this in place, because doing so will increase your profits by 500% or more. And after you get it all set up, it runs on total auto-pilot. You just refer people to your lead capture page, instead of the product sales page.
Setting it all up yourself requires some skill, and if you’re not up to it, you can use a service like Affiliate Silver Bullet. With a service like that, you don’t have to do anything. They make the video, build the squeeze page, write the e-mail series, develop the content mini-site, etc. And then just give you a finished package. The benefit is that it’s much less expensive then you could do it yourself, and it’s instantly set up. The drawback is that you won’t be the only one using these affiliate tools. But the Internet is huge, so this shouldn’t really affect you.
Alternatively, you can use a service like Elance to “outsource” each of these components. Whichever way you decided to go, it’s critical to get an affiliate marketing system like this in place, if you’re at all serious about your business.