Working at home can be tough to plan a complete schedule, with all the distractions and things that come up, but you should at the very minimum set some goals for the week.
I’m a huge fan of setting goals for a few reasons…
=> It gives you something to strive for.
=> It keeps you on track and keeps you on schedule.
=> When you accomplish a goal you get a sense of accomplishment, and that’s a great feeling.
=> It gives you confidence to go on and achieve your other goals.
Now while I’m a big fan of long-term goals, today I’m going to focus on setting goals that you can achieve in a day or in a week or in a month.
If your goal for the week is to focus on growing your list and creating new quality content to give away to list, here is an example on how you may set your plan to achieve your goals…
- Write a short report on a topic that your subscribers would be able to use to their benefit. You will use this report to increase subscribers.
- Give them some additional hints in your e-mail that you will send a new report shortly.
- Do some research on writing an e-book or report.
- Start writing your report.
- Create a squeeze page for your report.
- Write some articles and submit them and include a link to your squeeze page in your bio.
- Continue writing your report.
- Do some pay-per-click to help get traffic to your squeeze page.
- Send a helpful e-mail to your list. Some tips or hints on your niche topic.
- Finish writing your report.
- Post in forums with a link to your squeeze page in your signature.
- Search for relevant sites that you can potentially joint venture with.
- Create an e-mail to send to your list.
- Give away your report in exchange for feedback.
- Get feedback from your list, i.e. ways to improve it and get testimonials for your squeeze page.
- Finalise your squeeze page and release your report.
You notice that I didn’t put the hours for each task!
To me the time isn’t important. If you want to schedule things by hours and that helps you stay organized and on track, then go ahead and set your schedule that way.
I believe that a person can do nothing for days, as long as they get their work done and accomplish what they set out to do by the time they wanted it done, then that’s OK.
We work our own schedules. That means that it does not matter what time of the day you work and get things done. Just so long as you get it done. It’s all about living a lifestyle you enjoy!
The article is written by Bob Bastian.