If there ever was a shortcut to getting more Google traffic, this is it: Use VIDEO (along with 2 little-known insider tricks)!
A FEW INTERESTING FACTS:
* Forrester Research has reported that “the chances of getting a page 1 listing on Google increase 53 times with video”.
* YouTube is the 2nd biggest search engine in the world, behind Google. People SEARCH for videos. YouTube gets 1 billion unique visitors each month.
* Google now shows videos BEFORE text content.
* Google often shows VIDEO THUMBNAILS next to the search listings of the pages that contain a video.
* “Videos in search results have a 41% higher click-through rate than plain-text results.” (Econsultancy.com)
HOW TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THIS:
1) Include video in your content. Even if you just embed a YouTube video on your site, your visitors will LIKE YOU MORE and STAY ON YOUR SITE LONGER.
2) Use the proper “schema.org markup for videos” in your site’s code.
This gives Google more info about your video content. For example, what’s the video’s title and description, how long the video is, where Google can find a thumbnail for the video etc.
Google can read TEXT just fine. But they need some HELP to figure out what VIDEOS are about. The MORE INFO Google has about the videos that are embedded on your site, THE BETTER!
3) ADD A VIDEO SITEMAP TO YOUR SITE: This is a sitemap that has links to all your videos. Google can read the sitemap, find that video content, index it, and add it to its search results much faster.
Huge sites like the New York Times get crawled several times daily.
But, if you own a smaller site, like most of us, Google can take up to 4 weeks or more to find your content and index it.
In fact, sometimes, pages with great content never get found by Google! That’s why it’s CRUCIAL that you use a video sitemap.
YOU CAN DO ALL THIS WITHOUT WORRYING ABOUT THE TECHNICAL MUMBO JUMBO!
I just came across a WordPress plugin that will do ALL the techie stuff FOR you.
First of all, the plugin adds the proper “schema.org video markup” to your content, AUTOMATICALLY.
The plugin can generate the code from videos you host on your site, as well as from videos hosted on video sites like YouTube, Vimeo, or DailyMotion, that you have embedded on your WordPress site.
It even works if you just LINK to an external video (like a YouTube video).
The plugin also creates a really cool-looking video sitemap that notifies Google every time you add a video to your site.
That way, your video content gets indexed even faster!
You can see screenshots of the plugin, as well as download a demo from here.
If you want to get more traffic, this is one of the best ways to do it.
No need to get more links.
No need to write a ton of text.
No need to worry about Google updates.
No need to mess with any blackhat tactics that will get your site de-indexed.
No need to give a small fortune to some shady “SEO expert”.
The 1-Click Video Ranker plugin does something that Google WANTS you to do. In fact, on the plugin’s site, there’s a video from Google’s own Matt Cutts who talks about the importance
of adding the proper schema.org markup to your sites.
The price of the plugin will be going up with each sale, so make sure you get your copy now, at the lowest price.