Why the Internet hasn’t killed print catalogs yet

Posted February 12th, 2015 by Nelson Tan. Filed under Business

I often say the death of direct mail has been greatly exaggerated, and here’s more proof: according to management consulting firm Kurt Salmon, 11.9 billion print catalogs were mailed in the U.S. in 2014.

Reason: while many consumers order online for convenience or go to a retail location to get the product right away, they enjoy thumbing through catalogs to look at products and get ideas. In addition, receiving a catalog reminds them of the availability of a product or the existence of a merchant they otherwise would have never remembered.

Source: Talon Newsletter, 1/15, p. 3

Features vs. benefits in marketing to engineers

Posted February 11th, 2015 by Nelson Tan. Filed under Copywriting

The notion that only benefits should be in your copy and features are boring and no one cares about them is nowhere less true than in industrial marketing.

“The first thing an engineer wants to know is do your products, parts, and components meet his or her design specifications and standards?” writes industrial marketing consultant Achinta Mitra. For example, simply state ‘Manufactured to ASME Code standards, designed to handle up to 300 psig and 415o F.’ Don’t try to embellish features with wordy benefits.”

Well, yes and no. I agree that the facts and specs are what engineers look for first. But I know from long experience that great industrial copy gives both the feature as well as the benefit it delivers.

Source: Industrial Marketing Playbook

Oh MAN, I’m pumped today!

Why? Because my buddy, video marketing expert Ryan Phillips is revealing the video marketing secrets that he used to go from $0 to $8,385.36 in just 1 week.

He’s going to show you how to:

– Influence and persuade your visitors to take any call to action you want.
– Without ever having to show your face on camera.
– With 100% free tools.

He even reveals the EXACT scripts and video templates he uses in his business right now!

You can see all the details about Elite Video Evolution and grab a HUGE discount!

List Building ExcellenceAre you currently building a list?

You’ve probably heard the phrase that the money is in the list, but that’s not quite true…

You need something more than any old list to profit online…

What you need is a list of targeted subscribers to be successful online.

Although list building is not hard to do, there’s a process behind it in order to be successful…

If you’re looking to learn how to build a responsive and profitable list the right way, you need to check out List Building Excellence.

Inside, you’ll learn:

> How to get started the right way

> The best and most affordable tools to use in your list building

> How to pick the right niche for maximum profits

> The right way to quickly and easily setup a squeeze page that converts even if you don’t have any copywriting or technical skills

> The best kind of ethical bribe to use to get an opt-in and how to create your free offer quickly and easily

> How to craft the ultimate sales funnel and put massive profit in your pocket with a high-dollar upsell

> The best free and paid traffic methods to use in your sales funnel to generate profits quickly

Right now, you can get access for $7, but the price is increasing quickly.

Tip for Facebook advertising newbies

Posted February 10th, 2015 by Nelson Tan. Filed under Internet Marketing

When placing your ad on Facebook, click on the ad set menu either in the ‘live’ account or the Power Editor. Doing so will allow you to choose who is served your FB ad by their interests and behavior. Or, click on “More Demographics” when in ‘live’ account or Power Editor and you can select your audience by income. Result: you are able to reach a target audience with FB ads based on demographic and psychographic selections.

Source: Social Media Examiner, 1/26/15

Best colors for components of DM packages

Posted February 9th, 2015 by Nelson Tan. Filed under Business

A traditional direct mail package has multiple components including an outer envelope, sales letter, brochure, lift note, and reply element.

When you are selling a high-end professional service to a sophisticated audience, and want to convey an image of professionalism, all components should be printed on the same color paper stock; cream, ivory, and white are the top three choices here.

When you are selling mail order merchandise to consumers, especially middle America, make each element in the package colorful and a different color; e.g., a Kraft envelope, white letter, four-color brochure, lift note on robin’s egg blue stock, order form on canary yellow. Reason: it makes each element pop visually, compelling the recipient to handle and look at all of them.

Given the number of content marketing pundits who say traditional copywriting is dead, the result of a survey by Eccolo Media of B2B tech buyers, ranging from engineers to C-level executives, may surprise them—and you.

The key finding: while more than 30% said whitepapers (content) are influential in their purchasing decisions, nearly 40% said product brochures and data sheets (sales copy) have greater influence on their purchase decisions. Conclusion: B2B prospects may tell you they love your free content, but your sales copy is more effective at getting them to buy.

Source: Today@TargetMarketing, 1/9/15

Your website is NOT just another WordPress blog, and Stakk is not just another WordPress popup plugin.

If you think popups are dead, think again, because the proof is laid out for you right on this page.

If you’re not using popups, you’re missing the mark.

And if you’re using the wrong type of popup plugin, you’re wasting time and money too.

Find out why, right here.

Subscriber WG asks, “How often should we contact our customers with a newsletter?”

There are two schools of thought here.

The first is that you should not e-mail your subscribers too often, because if they hear from you too frequently, they will unsubscribe from your newsletter.

The second says you should e-mail your list as often as you can, because the more frequently you can send them offers, the more orders you will get and the more money you will make.

Which one is correct?

Actually, both—but for different markets.

For most B2B marketing, the first school of thought is true.

Research shows that when you e-mail your subscribers more than a few times a month, the open rate begins to decline.

So if your priority is having subscribers read your content, a monthly or at most weekly schedule is best.

But for B2C marketers who are selling products directly on the Internet—e-commerce sites and especially info-marketers—the more often you e-mail, the greater your revenues.

Yes, the average open rates go down.

But because your subscribers are getting so many more e-mails from you, your weekly online orders and revenues skyrocket.

Caveat: Not all the e-mails you send your list can be sales messages.

If all you send are e-mail marketing messages, your open rates will plummet, but your opt-out rate will soar. Your list will evaporate and your online revenues will vanish.

So what’s the optimal ratio of sales messages vs. content messages in your e-mails?

You want to send as many sales messages as you can while not causing subscribers to delete your e-mails without opening them…or opt out of your list.

The ideal ratio for achieving that goal—maximum orders and sales, high open rates, few or no opt-outs—is this: Slightly more than half of your e-mail messages—50% or more—should be pure content: news, information, data, and other educational articles of interest to your subscribers.

Logically that means slightly less than 50% of your e-mails, but as close to half as possible, can and should be sales messages—offering a product for sale online.

The majority of online marketers worry about sending too many e-mails.

But years ago in a lecture she gave, online marketing expert Amy Africa wisely told the audience that the biggest mistake most online marketers make is not sending enough e-mails to their lists.

“If you do not e-mail frequently enough, you are leaving money on the table,” she said.

Bob Bly is the author of “World’s Best Copywriting Secrets” and has written copy for more than 100 companies including IBM, Boardroom, Medical Economics and AT&T. He is the author of more than 75 books and a columnist for Target Marketing, Early To Rise and The Writer. McGraw-Hill calls him “America’s top copywriter”.

Traffic Funnlr

It’s a frustrating fact that most of the traffic you generate to your offers (more than 90% of it) goes to WASTE.

All the time and effort that you pour into generating traffic…

Building custom facebook audiences…choosing the right images, crafting the copy, creating landing pages, Facebook Pages…

Not to mention the CASH you pay for all the clicks…

Only for the majority of your clicks to result in NOTHING.

Well, if that scenario is all-too-familiar to you, I’ve got some amazing news for you…

Because, over the last few months, some top Facebook marketers have got together to test a new method for converting Facebook traffic to buyers…

…traffic they’re sending to Amazon products, Clickbank offers, JVZoo offers, opt-in pages, Teespring…

But rather than sending traffic direct to sales pages, they’ve been setting up quick, interactive “Smart Funnels”…

…and “funnling” traffic through these little funnels.

And the results have been incredible!

Yep, with just a simple tweak to your campaigns, you can more than TRIPLE your conversions!

This game-changing system is now available to you today!

And right now, you can grab it at the lowest possible price as part of the limited Early Bird launch offer. So I won’t keep you any longer. Check out the Lifetime Early Bird Deal for Traffic Funnlr now!

Instagram Marketing Secrets

Henry Gold is back with another exclusive PLR offer called “Instagram Marketing Secrets Step-By-Step Guide 2.0” where it gives your audience a step-by-step blueprint how to build their businesses around Instagram.

You can slap in your name.
You can become an author.
You can rebrand yourself as a product creator.
You can resell it for 100% cash profit.
You can sell it online and offline.

Basically, it is completely up to YOU. :-)

The Instagram Marketing Course includes:

Feature #1: Training Guide 2.0 (Value: $600)
Feature #2: Cheat Sheet (Value: $100)
Feature #3: Mindmap (Value: $75)
Feature #4: Professional Minisite and HTML (Value: $400)
Feature #5: Sales Copy (Value: $500)
Feature #6: Professional Graphics (Value: $200)
Feature #7: Squeeze Page + Thank You Page (Value: $400)
Feature #8: Nine Follow-up Messages (Value: $100)
Feature #9: Customer List Page (Value: $200)
Feature #10: Set-Up Everything Tutorial (Value: $100)

In addition, we have even provided you with a step-by-step tutorials on how to edit, slap your name, and upload the PLR course in just MINUTES.

As part of the promotion, you will receive everything that I mentioned above starting at $7. However, as Henry is utilizing the dime sale method, you need to make sure you download the package right now before it is too late!

With all the talk about Penguin and Panda updates negating the impact of content syndication networks and link exchange sites, you’d thought it’s game over for the webmasters who own these sites, but somewhere on the Internet, 2 marketers, Todd Spears and Clinton Dixson are still hitting the big time with their private blog networks, and they are so confident of their results that they are now presenting a new SEO course to help you increase your rankings in the search engines.

There are many ways to overcome SEO challenges, but Todd and Clinton will focus on what they are good at: how to build a powerful blog network. Together they have over 18 years experience in SEO and Internet marketing. They have recorded hours of Blog Network training videos so that any newbie could understand it.

They know the money is in the rankings. In order to get PAID you need high rankings and the traffic will come. Blog Networks WORK, that’s why Google KILLED the public ones! If you want to rank where the big money is, then you must create your own PRIVATE Blog Network.

Todd started Private Blog Networking and SEO hosting back in 2004 and it still works to this day…IF you know how to do it powerfully and correctly.

In their Blog Network Blueprint course, they completely rip apart all the myths and BS about blog networks and show you exactly how you can build an asset online that will rank your sites for you with no sweat. Sounds sweet, right?

Don’t wait too long now. The price is going to rise fast, so get in now while it’s still cheap.

Mobile CPA Hunter

Even though CPA is already one of the easiest and fastest ways to make money online, mobile CPA is, amazingly, even EASIER…

Simply because the mobile market is so huge and yet so untapped by marketers…

How huge? 2 billion users-huge!

You’re going to rethink the way you generate traffic and relook at mobile as a powerful source of income.

In Mobile CPA Hunter, you’ll discover:

• How to set up and track a mobile marketing campaign quickly and easily

• CPA networks specializing in mobile offers

• Offers which pay more for long time (without much competition)

• Traffic sources where you can drive AMAZING amounts of traffic for pennies

• Ready-to-go ads that you just need to plug in

• Best campaign optimization technique to boost ROI

• Split-testing strategies that give the best conversion rates

This is beyond “step by step”—it’s practically, choose a CPA offer, add the traffic source, add tracking and go…just “plug in and go”…

…and the prices are so low for these new mobile networks, having a profitable campaign should be super EASY…

With mobile traffic EXPLODING…this is the PERFECT time to get in on this…

…while it’s still in its infancy…

Looking at Mark Zuckerberg and the late Steve Jobs as examples of high standards, it is irrefutable that great presentation skills coupled with slides designed for easy reading can make a great impact on an audience and bring a message across in a most effective and clear manner, therefore a great presentation incorporates equal parts of excellent content, smooth delivery, and a great design.

When it comes to visual design, there are always some common flaws that show up in presentation decks. Read the following 4 tips to creating better presentation slides.

Tip 1: Use consistent colours

Colour is a powerful tool to evoke emotions. The right colour can help motivate readers. Studies show that colour usage can increase interest and improve learning comprehension. While we may use two distinctive colours on the same slide, it can create a dichotomy and upset a clear interpretation on the part of viewers. In that sense, two colours in the same colour range are suggested for use. For example, for two charts appearing on the same slide, you can use one colour in different shades to present the ideas (i.e. dark green, light green). The only time you should use different colours is when you want to show how your contributions are significantly higher than other parties or highlight a significant data point to display on your charts (contrasting purposes).

Tip 2: Use visuals to enhance comprehension

Photographic images or bold, arresting visuals help the audience connect with the slide at a more emotional level. As compelling images can turn a good deck into a great deck, it can also turn a bland textual slide into one that your audience can’t help but pay attention to and remember easily.

Tip 3: Use videos when appropriate

Use videos where appropriate in relation to the content. Video clips promote active cognitive processing, which is the natural way people study. You can play video clips within the presentation file without ever leaving the application. In fact, using a video clip not only illustrates your point better, it also serves as a change of pace thereby increasing the interest of your audience.

Tip 4: Compare data in a clear form

Presenters are usually guilty of including too much data in their charts. There are several methods to display data in graphic form; just remember to keep it simple. In general, tables are good for the comparisons of quantitative data. However, tables can lack impact on a visceral level and display that information in a less dramatic or emotional way. If you want to show how your contributions are significantly higher than two other parties, for example, it would be best to show that in the form of a bar chart. Therefore, try to compare the data in a clear form to allow viewers see the difference at a glance.

If you present often in your work, this article hopefully serves as a reminder and refreshment. For new presenters, use these tips as a guide to improve and perform better for your future presentation sessions.

Sold Nothing And Made Millions?

Posted February 1st, 2015 by Nelson Tan. Filed under Internet Marketing

Viral Content Profits

Now think real hard about every major site like CNN or ESPN you’ve seen. What is something none of them do?

They don’t sell anything, and profit massively, want to see how?

Yup, the trick is never sell a thing or split-test, or anything you may have been taught. The secret was all in the arbitrage of traffic where you put in a $1 and make back $2.

The best part? The bulk of the work is automated and I want you to catch a glimpse of this now because this is so effective.

* Viral Content Profits *

$610.81 in 17 minutes with free traffic!

Posted January 30th, 2015 by Nelson Tan. Filed under Traffic Generation

When you can control traffic, you can write your own checks…

But most free traffic methods are too slow!

And you can lose a ton of money with paid traffic…

What’s the solution?

A traffic source that is FREE but delivers traffic at the speed of PAID traffic!

Naidy Phoon has just create a breakthrough product on an untapped, powerful traffic “monster” that made him $610.81 in a single day!

– It’s truly a unique method (haven’t seen one in awhile)
– It’s simple and easy (get results in less than 24 hours)
– It’s an underground traffic source (not saturated)
– It’s used by celebrities and Fortune 500 companies
– The traffic source is HUGE (190,000,000 page views a month!)

I could go on and on about this amazing course but the only way you can find out how awesome the Ultimate Traffic Monster is is to click the link and grab it before it’s taken down.

One of the biggest mistakes that causes businesses to fail is the merchants ultimately failing to meet the demands and expectations of customers. In other words, the merchants do not know who their customers are. Even if they have great products or services, if they fail to align what they offer with what their customers want, they are simply barking up the wrong tree.

No customers, no business, no sales. It is as simple as that. Therefore it is important to define the type of prospects to target. Instead of spending important advertising dollars on drawing in the wrong set of prospects, construct a customer profile based on the majority of your customers and concentrated around their needs and wants. By creating a buyer persona and nailing down your customers’ needs, lifestyles and even apprehensions, you will have the capacity to think of a ready answer to address your customers’ challenges. By placing ourselves in the shoes of our prospects, we can better pre-empt their purchasing decision.

There are 5 ways you can research your buyer persona:

1) Online Retrieval Of Demographics Data

The process is pretty instantaneous and all you need to do is input product keywords or URLs of other people’s websites that are similar to your business (or your competitors’) into AdWords Display Planner. These are the steps:

a) Go to http://adwords.google.com
b) Click “Tools”, “Display Planner”
c) Select “Show only estimates for my targeting criteria”.
d) Enter a URL or product keyword
e) Click “Get estimates”.

You get a results display that looks like below:

planner

But as you can see, the data is very limited to age, gender and device usage.

Alexa is another website that can provide demographics intelligence but unless you upgrade, you are just as much limited to gender, education and browsing location data.

focusgroup

2) Interview Your Prospects And Customers (Pre-Sales)

This is surely one of the most effective way to get a sense of the majority demographic of your customers, but you need to ask the right questions. Here is a sample list:

How old are they?
What is their gender?
Where do they live?
What is their job?
What is their education level?
How do they prefer to stay contactable?
What is their ethnic background?
How much do they earn?
What is their marital status?
How do they spend their free time?
Which newspaper, books or magazines do they read?
What is their favorite TV channel?
What are their hopes and dreams?
What do they wear?
What are their political and religious views?
What are their biggest fears? What keeps them awake at 3am?
What makes them happy?
What frustrates them?
What do they find most relaxing?
What do they talk about with their friends?
Which appeals to them more: function or aesthetic?
What are their hobbies or interests?
What are their attitudes towards certain issues?

You can organize focus groups, walk-in sessions, on-site visits, or make phone calls to conduct interviews. You can also publish the questions in a web page through which visitors can submit their answers collated in an email sent to you.

survey

3) Surveys (Post-Sales)

Conduct surveys to get feedback from customers about their purchases. It could be an immediate, short post-sales survey about the checkout experience, ot a survey that occurs one month after purchase to gauge user experience. The answers your customers give you can reveal much about how and what they think, and could be surprisingly quite apart from pre-sales answers in terms of scope or alignment. Sometimes customers may use the occasion to inquire about other products/services. All these information can make you consider if the major customer demographic is thinking along the same line, and whether you need to tweak your marketing strategies based on the survey answers.

Popular online survey tools include Foresee, Qualaroo, SurveyMonkey and WebEngage.

pastpurchase

4) Look At Past Purchases

Supposed you have a range of products or services. Over a period of time, it becomes apparent to you that some offers sell better than others. Your sales results can tell you what the marketplace needs most, therefore you can reconsider your marketing strategies to target the most in-demand customer segment of the marketplace.

smengagement

5) Social Media Engagement

Social media puts you on the frontline of direct communication with prospects and customers. By monitoring and observing what they say about your industry and products/services, you gain first-hand insights into their expectations. It is also a great time to resolve any issues or complaints that they may have. Doing so in a prompt manner not only reflects that there is real customer support that cares, but also your pursuit towards customer satisfaction.

Also investigate online forums and Q&A sites like Quora. These sites are great resources for problem solving. By researching for solutions, you can better understand how to help your own prospects and position your products/services in a way that shows you really know your customers’ problems.

Customer research is a long-drawn process and it is never-ending because the marketplace keeps changing. However, the benefits of targeting the right customers are enormous. For one thing, repeat sales from old-time customers are easy to get. A high level of customer loyalty exists because your ability to know customers inside out will make them feel they are well attended to. They will even evangelize and refer new customers to you, thereby exponentially growing your business.

Good business does not start with a great product or service, or great know-how or a high efficiency in daily operations. It is simply knowing your customers like they are your friends, and it is a great untold secret to sales riches.

Nelson Tan is an Inbound Marketing consultant at iSmart Communications, an integrated marketing communications agency serving the Asia-Pacific region.

JV Secrets Revealed

This is your chance to learn one of the most valuable and reliable business communication techniques ever devised for the past, present and future.

The rich have used it to make themselves fortunes. And then more fortunes…but not through some personal technical expertise they were proud of.

From the robber barons to the 1% of today, you can learn to use the exact same technique in the exact same way as they do. And reap your own rewards.

It’s all revealed here.

Video Sales Script Formula

You can have the best product in the world. You can have the strongest, most profitable funnel in the world, but without a great sales copy your campaign is doomed.

You can have an average product, and an average sales funnel, but if it has got a great sales copy, it will earn you cash.

You also know that to produce great copy on your own can be a nightmare; you can spend not weeks but months of writing and rewriting draft after draft and still getting poor results. And if you hire a true professional, expect to spend thousands of dollars, that only few marketers can afford.

You may even feel that it’s the ONE thing keeping you from getting your project off the ground and achieving your own personal success online. Moreover, according to latest online sources like Digiday, very few who read long sales letters, and even fewer who get inspired by them.

Robert Adziashvili is going to help you finally turn the tables on your sales page problems. You’ll get your first ever look at the Video Sales Script Formula that can simplify the process of sales copy creation.

Using his formula by following his step-by-step training, you will create a sales page practically overnight and combined with video, you can have the most potent tool in succeeding online

A great sales page is the door to your success. It all starts today and it all starts here. Don’t miss out.

The secret to 5-figure months

Posted January 27th, 2015 by Nelson Tan. Filed under Internet Marketing

I got this message for Kevin Fahey’s coaching offer and he wants me to put you on notice:

Kevin Fahey's Group CoachingDid you know that there’s a secret to taking your business to 5 figures per month?

Yep.

I attribute my success to this one thing…

It’s what took me from struggling and working way too hard to having consistent 5-figure months.

It’s probably NOT what you’re thinking.

Push-button software, traffic loopholes, and hard work are not going to get you there.

Nope.

I struggled like crazy to make decent money online, but I hated life for a long time.

I was working too hard and I’d basically just created myself a job.

That’s not what I was looking for, and it’s probably not why you’re doing what you’re doing, right?

Sure, money is nice, but FREEDOM is what you really want.

Freedom to:

–> Take lavish vacations to exotic places
–> Buy the things you want when you want them
–> Do the things you enjoy day-to-day

If you want to see the one secret that can take you to 5-figures months faster than anything else, read what I have to share with you.


Google Analytics integration offered by Wordpress Google Analytics Plugin