According to a brochure from Appleton Coated, a paper company:
1) Consumers receiving a printed catalog are 2X more likely to buy online than consumers who do not receive a catalog.
2) 67% of online action is driven by offline messages.
3) 80% of Americans read or skim direct mail, and 38% find direct mail interesting.
4) 75% of consumers say they have made a purchase as a result of direct mail.
5) Consumers rate direct mail as 3.9 on a scale of 1 to 5 for the acceptability of various communications channels above all other channels.