Have you started making money with a blog yet? If so, would you like to make more?
Then read on to discover 10 tips for selling more products, affiliate offers and other items on your blog…
1) Create clever post titles. People don’t come to your blog to read advertisements. Instead, they come to read good content. And their first clue as to whether the content is good is based solely on the titles of your blog posts. That’s why you need to create interesting, benefit-driven post titles.
Example #1: Here’s an example of a ho-hum title: “Dog Training Tips”
Example #2: Now here’s an example of a title that will get people reading your posts: “10 Surefire Dog Training Tips That Will Have You Firing Your Dog Trainer!”
2) Optimize your content for the search engines. Your blog won’t put a dime in your pocket if no one reads your content and sees your ads. That’s why you should seek to optimize your content to pull in traffic from the search engines. You do this by finding out what keywords your market is already searching for in Google, and then including these keywords in your articles two or three times per 100 words of text.
3) Weave product recommendations into your content. Your ads shouldn’t be confined to your blog’s sidebar—you can also put them directly into your content.
4) Post regularly, such as twice per week. Doing so makes your blog “sticky”. It also gives your readers a reason to keep coming back and again and again, which gives you another chance to sell them something.
5) Create regular weekly features. This is another way to get your visitors to return on a regular basis.
Example: You can create a feature called “Friday’s Super Tip” where you post your very best niche-related tip every week.
6) Make use of your blog sidebar. You can post text ads, banner ads and other graphics, links to your best blog posts and a newsletter subscription form in your sidebar.
7) Rotate products on your blog. Doing so keeps your blog fresh. But it also gives you a chance to track and test your offers to see which ones put the most money in your pocket
8) Use pictures. You can post relevant pictures in your articles as well as your sidebar, which will work to draw people’s eyes to your content and ads. You can get these photos for as little as $1 each at stock photo sites.
9) Encourage people to subscribe to your RSS feed. People who are subscribed are more likely to become a regular reader of your blog.
Don’t just rely on people subscribing to your RSS feed, however…
10) Get people on your newsletter list. One way to do this is to password-protect some of your best posts, and then offer access to these posts only to those who’ve subscribed to your newsletter list.