Reaching Your Customers In The Most Unexpected Places
Does this describe you? Someone makes a purchase from your website and your system automatically sends an e-mail confirming the details and thanking him for his business. If this is all you've been doing, you may be leaving more money on the table.
Part of marketing an online business involves taking every opportunity you get to sell your products and services to a customer or potential customer. It means getting your products and affiliate links out there where they can generate that income you've always dreamed of.
So, what are some of the more clever ways to get yourself seen and heard? I'm so glad you asked. Grab a cup of coffee and pay attention. What I'm about to share with you are probably things you've never thought of before, but if you implement them, they can have a huge impact on your bottom line.
1) Order Confirmation Page: After someone orders on your site, odds are they're taken to what's known as a "thank you" page when the order process is completed.
Don't just review the order, this is a great place to upsell by mentioning some of the other products and services you market. Many large companies do this all the time, and there's a good reason: it works.
Try to choose something that's related to what they've already purchased. If you don't have other products of your own, sign up for affiliate programs and mention those links here.
2) Thank You E-mail Message: Again, review your customer's order, thank her, and then mention other things she may be interested in. Affiliate links are fine.
If you publish an e-zine or maintain any type of mailing list, this is also a good place to ask her to subscribe. Building an opt-in list is like putting money in the bank. It gives you another opportunity down the road to sell to these people.
3) Opt-In List Confirmation Page: If you have a subscription form on your site, make sure your confirmation page mentions links for other products. You may do a joint venture with other publishers, promoting their e-zines on this page (with them reciprocating on theirs).
This is also a good place to mention your RSS feed and how to "whitelist" your ezine to help insure delivery.
4) E-Books and E-Courses: Have you ever subscribed to an e-course or downloaded an e-book and seen banners or text ads? Of course you have, and so have I. This is another great place to push affiliate programs you may be involved with or sell those spots to interested advertisers to earn some extra cash.
You should also mention your e-zine and how to subscribe to it in your e-book and e-courses. If your material is good, they'll want to sign up.
5) E-Zine Subscription Message: When someone subscribes to your newsletter you should be sending out a welcome message. In it you should include a link to your archives, your RSS feed, whitelisting instructions, and again, any affiliate links or products you feel may be of interest to them. As long as it's related, it's a worthy pitch.
6) Membership Site Login Pages: Ever log onto Paypal and before they'll let you enter you're taken to a promo page soliciting something? We've all seen this method. This is another great place to promote something. If you run any kind of membership site that requires people to log in, you can use this method of promotion.
So what's your goal? To start utilizing the tools you already have in place to market more of your products and services, and increase your sales. Do these tips work? Yes, even if you only implement one or two of them, you'll see more results and you won't be spending any more money on advertising to do it. And that's good for your bottom line.
"Must Have Marketing Resources" by Merle is loaded with VALUABLE online resources YOU need to know about, when it comes to running your online business. Download your copy now at http://mcebook.mcpromotions.com. Also download her latest free e-book "How To Use Articles To Drive Website Traffic". She is also the webmaster of http://MCPromotionsPress.com.
Share this article:
comments powered by Disqus
|Internet Mastery Center has been providing Internet Marketing expertise since December 2003. Its mission is to ensure every aspiring marketer is well equipped with all the necessary Internet Marketing know-how and programs.|